No product in your cart
Kodo millet is an annual grain that is grown primarily in India. In-spite of cultivating Kodo millet for 1000's of years this millet is slowly dying out. It is grown mostly in a organic way and it is a farmer friendly crop which can sustain heavy drought and marginal soils. Kodo millets are rich in B vitamins, especially niacin, B6 and folic acid, as well as the minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and zinc. Known as Aarka in Kannada, Varagu in Tamil, Arikelu in Telugu and Kodon in Hindi. The Kannada name Aarka is also the name of sun god in Sankrit.
Kodo millet is very easy to digest, it contains a high amount of lecithin and is excellent for strengthening the nervous system. Helps keep diabetes under check. Controls Obesity. Kodo millets are rich in B vitamins, especially niacin, B6 and folic acid, as well as the minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and zinc.
How to Use
Soak for half hour in water. Cook like rice in cooker. Rice can be replaced with millets in your staple diet, any rice dish can be made using millets.
1) Our Millets Are Non-Gmo, Native And Indigenous Species
2) Chemical Free & Sinfree Food - Body, Earth & Farmer Friendly Naturally Farmed Millets
3) Millets Are Healthy - Gluten Free, Low Gi, High Fibre, Rich Source Of Proteins, Weight Loss & Diabetic Friendly Millet Food
4) Rice Can Be Replaced With Millets In Your Staple Diet. Any Rice Dish Can Be Made Using Millets. Soak For Half An Hour In Water And Cook Like Rice.
5) Highly beneficial to health. Helps to strengthen nervous system, rich in vitamins and minerals.